So what’s the difference between sparkling wine and Champagne? We’d say one of many answers is that no other wine in the world has been written about more. Without even scratching the surface, you could fill an entire 275-page book with some of the best writing about Champagne. Oh, wait: That’s been done. The book, published by Academie du Vin Library, is called “On Champagne: A Tapestry of Tales to Celebrate the Greatest Sparkling Wine of All” ($45). It’s fascinating, funny and quietly educational. Here are some of our favorite quotes from the book. As we head into 2023, here’s to a healthy new year.
- December 30, 2022
- December 17, 2021Tags: sparkling wine , sokol blossier , john brecher
In the New Year, we hope you find many opportunities to help. Help other people, help the planet, and help yourself. We could all use more self-care in these trying times. - Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher
After almost two years of isolation, we’d guess this will be a banner season for bubbly, even if we’re lowering our masks to drink it. You’re about to be overwhelmed with recommendations for sparkling wines. ...
- December 07, 2018"RM on a Champagne Label Means ‘Really Memorable’" Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher on sparkling wine picks for the holidays
- July 31, 2017Categories: WinemakersTags: wine , sparkling wine , lini lambruscoGrape Collective talks with fourth generation Alicia Lini about what makes classic Lambrusco and the challenges of the 'cheap' reputation Lambrusco suffered in the 1970s and 1980s.
- May 05, 2017Tags: taittinger , sparkling wine , sequoia grove vineyards"Her wines, made by méthode traditionnelle from hand-harvested, estate-grown grapes and first-press juice, are pitch-perfect elegant, just the thing for Mother’s Day or the coming summer wedding season." Dorothy J. Gaiter on Eileen Crane
- September 11, 2016Tags: sparkling wine , spanish wine , spainThe wines of Raventós i Blanc
- June 15, 2016Tags: tendu , summer sippers , summerAlas, warm weather is here and it is time to feel alive again...
- March 28, 2016Tags: wine terms , wine label , wine educationGrape Collective helps you navigate a Champagne label.
- October 22, 2015Tags: surplus , sparkling wine , proseccoHistory is bubbling up in the relatively new Prosecco DOC.