From sabering lessons to wine in cans, here's what you missed in wine reading this weekend:
- Seeking to capitalize on “casual beer snobbery,” one Oregon winery is putting Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir in 12-ounce cans, to be released next year.
- There may be no better party trick than sabering a bottle of Champagne. Bon Appetit gets tips from New York sommelier Patrick Cappiello in this entertaining video.
- Through his job in the wine department at Christie’s, Charles Antin has tasted some of the most coveted (and expensive) bottles in the world. But in this essay in PUNCH, he reveals that his “aha” moment came from a much more humble place.
- Archeologists have uncovered what they believe to be the oldest known wine cellar in the world, located in present day Israel.
- Over at Serious Eats, Maggie Hoffman pulls this year's best Beaujolais Nouveau options.