These are deeply personal wines from an unfamiliar terroir, revealing fresh facets of grapes we thought we knew.
Monthly Archives: April 2019
- April 27, 2019Tags: württemberg , valerie kathawala , helmut dolde
- April 26, 2019Tags: pio cesare barolo , mare mio , la bussola"There’s really nothing to prepare you for the first sip of a good Barolo, no matter how many you’ve had." Dorothy J. Gaiter & John Brecher.
- April 19, 2019Tags: winemaker , wine , slovenian wine"My grandfather changed his passport three times from 1926 when he was born, until he died 10 years ago." Martin Gruzovin of Guerila on the political turmoil that impacts Slovenian winemaking culture.
- April 17, 2019Tags: recanati winery , lisa denning , grape collective"I want to create an Israeli wine that will be mentioned in the same breath as all the great wines from the major wine growing countries in the world." -Gil Shatsberg, Recanati's Chief Winemaker
- April 12, 2019Tags: wente vineyards , volage , john brecher"For a couple of decades, a serious wine drinker wouldn’t be caught dead drinking a pink wine because of the stigma." Gary Eberle
- April 06, 2019Tags: wine storage , wine stoppers , wine cellarsPutting an end to wine waste with the latest wine-saving gadgets.
- April 05, 2019Tags: wine , stuart pigott , sarah lucasHow an English art star collided with an Austrian natural wine pioneer.
- April 04, 2019Tags: wine , southern italy , southern italian wineCalabria is not the “famous” Italian wine region that might come to mind. Sit back, have a glass of Calabrian wine and think again.