RAW WINE fairs are returning to North America in November! This is your chance to meet, taste and learn from the people and bottles that in many ways define our cultural moment in wine.
Monthly Archives: October 2018
- October 31, 2018Tags: valerie kathawala , raw wine , organic wine
- October 26, 2018Tags: winery , wine , tasca’s lamùri"I just took a sip of a wine and I feel like I stepped into darkest space." Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher on channeling Stanley Kubrick and the rebirth of the Sicilian wine industry.
Bertrand Gourdou Of Château Guilhem On Creating The Malpère Appellation And Continuing His Family's LegacyOctober 25, 2018Tags: lisa denning , grape collective , chateau guilhem"I arrived at the notary's office and my mother and the buyer were there and she said to me, “What are you doing here?" I said, “I want to run the chateau." -Bertrand Gourdou on preventing the sale of his family's estate.
- October 25, 2018Tags: wine , rose , provence roséGrape Collective talks with winemaker Diane Gualtieri of Château Pas du Cerf and Château Camp Long about the rich rosé history of Provence.
- October 24, 2018Tags: pumpkinhead ii , pumpkinhead , monty waldinGrape Collective's Christopher Barnes is interviewed by Monty Waldin on The Italian Wine Podcast. The discussion shifts effortlessly from the origins of Grape Collective to the relative merits of the film Pumpkinhead II versus the original Pumpkinhead.
- October 20, 2018Tags: victoria james , tonya pitts , theo liebermanThe superstar sommeliers of Instagram you should be following. By Edward Marchese.
- October 19, 2018Categories: WinemakersTags: wine , stefano bellotti , nicolà joly"In this area, in the Castelli di Jesi, that is very different from Matelica, we face the seaside. We have the hills that go straight to the seaside. In Matelica, it is different because it's almost in the mountains, we are in the hills close to the seaside." Claudio Caldaroni
- October 18, 2018Tags: wine vouvray , loire valley , grape collectiveGrape Collective talks with Christophe Boutet of Domaine Boutet Saulnier about the magic of Chenin Blanc in Vouvray.
Salvestrin Winery: A Napa Cabernet Master Class in Three Bottles; ‘It’s What Rich Does Not Do to the Wine That Is the Difference’October 12, 2018Tags: wine , salvestrin winery , salvestrin"The story of the Salvestrins’ winery is especially notable now when small, family-owned wineries are facing pressures from competitors, domestic and international, and changes in the way wine is made and marketed." Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher
- October 11, 2018Categories: WinemakersSainte-Foy Côtes de Bordeaux AOC is a great find for high-quality, well-priced Bordeaux. Grape Collective talks with Wilfrid Franc de Ferriere of Château Carbonneau about the potential of Sainte-Foy terroir, his New Zealand roots and making good wine.