Winiarski compares his time at Souverain and Robert Mondavi Winery to climbing ever-taller peaks. “They were my guided lesser peaks, and Ivancie was my attempt at a solo.”
Monthly Archives: January 2021
- "Our strength is our family dimension and we want to preserve it." Giovan Battista
- "We wanted to work with mountain fruit, we wanted to find undersung sites and really bring them to people; this was a desire to create wines that were beautiful, that presented the terroir and individuality of their sites." -Drew Huffine
- January 16, 2021"As winemakers we are obsessed with quality and we are aware that we are very lucky to take care of such beautiful terroirs. Indeed the terroir of Burgundy is amazing and you cannot find it anywhere else on earth." Adèle and Elsa Matrot
- Grower producers in Champagne's southernmost region are leading the way towards a new set of traditions, ones based on sustainability and more individualized expressions of terroir.
- "We believe biodynamics is the way to cultivate, taking into account all the beings that live on the farm, from microorganisms, grasses, trees, mammals, birds, to the influences of the planets and constellations, which also form part of the ecosystem." - Alba Vives
- "There is something about wine that brings out the optimism in people. We’re not sure why. So we thought we’d pose that question to several people in the industry we met this year." Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher