Dorothy Gaiter and John Brecher interview Sta. Rita Hills wine pioneer Richard Sanford.
Monthly Archives: September 2018
- September 30, 2018Tags: wine , sta. rita hills , richard sanford
- September 28, 2018Categories: Winemakers, FeaturesTags: wine , thekla sanford , sta. rita hillsRichard Sanford was a Naval officer during the Vietnam War. A shipmate named Scott Wine introduced him to Volnay which led to a wine journey that ended with him being inducted into the Vintners Hall of Fame by the Culinary Institute of America. By Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher.
- September 27, 2018Tags: vina costeira , treixadura , ribeiroSome of the best Galician wines are being made in this historic winemaking area.
- September 23, 2018Categories: WinemakersTags: wine , sierra foothills , masanobu fukuoka"My preferred way to view it is to go back to the original French term, which was "vin naturel," which just basically means, like, "plain wine," not worked over too much, you know?" Hank Beckmayer of La Clarine Farm on natural wine
- September 14, 2018Tags: oremus mandolás , john brecher , grape collective"Thanks to today’s wide world of wine, we were able to travel from the Hotel California to Hungary in a single delicious evening." Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher
- September 12, 2018Tags: lisa denning , grape collective , cape classicsFrom teetotalling male model to owner of the largest importer of South African wines in the US, Andre Shearer talks with Lisa Denning about the amazing journey he's been on.
- September 07, 2018Tags: wine , traverse city michigan , stuart pigott"He's been everything from a Green Beret Army paratrooper to a gymnast to a scuba diving instructor to an undercover narcotic agent in New York City." Eddie O'Keefe on his father's background prior to planting Riesling in Michigan in 1974