Wine news April 30, 2018
Monthly Archives: April 2018
- "It’s essential in your wine life to have house wines. Others might call them everyday wines, a sibling concept, with this caveat: Under no circumstances should these wines, or any one wine, no matter how grand or humbly delicious, be consumed every day." Dorothy J. Gaiter
- April 25, 2018"Loire and especially Muscadet make wines that are light and fresh, mineral and fruity with a great elegance and this versatile salty character you never forget." Vincent Lieubeau, Famille Lieubeau
- A leader in promoting gender equality, New Zealand was the first country to grant women the right to vote in 1893. Lucia and John Gilbert explore the country's egalitarian attitudes to women wanting to break into the field of winemaking.
- Lisa Denning discusses with Bertrand Vigouroux how his family brought new life to an old grape.
- Fall Creek Vineyards was the first winery in the Texas Hill Country region to open in 1975. Their original oenologist was the famed André Tchelistcheff. Grape Collective talks to Director of Winemaking at Fall Creek Vineyards, Sergio Cuadra and owner Ed Auler.