"We went to the awards function, and to get into the hall and you see that there's only two black people who are here at the function, and the rest of the black people we are seeing are the waiters and waitresses." South African Winemaker Ntsiki Biyela
Monthly Archives: June 2019
- June 29, 2019Tags: umsasane , stellenbosch , south african wine
- June 21, 2019Tags: ted edwards , rutherford ava , napa valley"I've gone out to do tastings, public pourings, and people have thought it was an actual abbey and that I'm one of the monks! I hate to disappoint them." -Ted Edwards, winemaker at Freemark Abbey
- June 20, 2019Tags: tony soter , rusty staub , jon priest“I often use the Pinot Gris as a wine to introduce our philosophy and approach toward winegrowing and winemaking, with minimal intervention in the winery.” Jon Priest
- June 20, 2019The rare terra rossa antica soils of the Colli Piacentini find singular expression in the wines of this small, organic producer.
- June 14, 2019Categories: WinemakersTags: umbria , sagrantino , organic wine"...we can offer a kind of new proposal of wines, offering new varieties because the indigenous varieties from Umbria are almost unknown in the shadow of the big Tuscany wines or maybe other wines from Italy. So for many reasons Umbria is really interesting." Luca Baccarelli
- June 07, 2019Tags: riesling , john brecher , grape collective“Because Riesling is the most delightful and versatile variety in the world, easy and enjoyable to drink, and you will find out the second bottle always tastes better than the first! Riesling keeps you thirsty and will never fill you up.” August Kesseler
- June 07, 2019Tags: zierfandler , valerie kathawala , thermenregionBernhard Stadlmann is the eighth generation of his family to specialize in this pair of rare indigenous Austrian varieties. Organic farming, top crus, and ultra-traditional vinifcation reveal fascinating facets of the Thermenregion.
- June 06, 2019Tags: sicily , iniceri , grape collective"...it's cool because there's these microclimates that exist within the valley that make growing wine there specifically very, very unique and different." -Claudio Sottile
- June 01, 2019Categories: Winemakers"Objective is the wine that all the people would like to drink. Subjective is a more personal wine, a personal trip. So it's a more intimate way to produce and to speak with the people." Alessandro Job