Situated at the foothills of the Caucasus Mountains in the Kakheti region of Georgia is Nine Oaks, an estate formed in 2011 as a collaboration among longtime friends focused on producing traditionally made Georgian wines. Nine...
- June 29, 2019Tags: umsasane , stellenbosch , south african wine"We went to the awards function, and to get into the hall and you see that there's only two black people who are here at the function, and the rest of the black people we are seeing are the waiters and waitresses." South African Winemaker Ntsiki Biyela
- April 06, 2019Tags: wine storage , wine stoppers , wine cellarsPutting an end to wine waste with the latest wine-saving gadgets.
- January 17, 2019Tags: volcanic wine , mastrodomenico vineyard , italy"It is important to respect nature and the care of the vines. Only in this way, in my opinion, can you have extraordinary results in the cellar." Emanuela Mastrodomenico
- October 20, 2018Tags: victoria james , tonya pitts , theo liebermanThe superstar sommeliers of Instagram you should be following. By Edward Marchese.
- Contrary to the typical images of steamy jungles that would come up for most of us, and thereby horrible conditions for growing grapes, Brazil makes some wonderful wines.
- May 21, 2018Tags: la gironda , grape collective"Nizza is also a “core zone” of the Langhe-Roero and Monferrato vineyard landscape, declared World Heritage by UNESCO in 2015, and possibly represents the part that is less well-known (for now!), but definitely unspoiled and authentic." -Susanna Galandrino
- September 22, 2017Categories: WinemakersDi Legami is a small family winery in the Trapani area of Sicily. Headed up by winemaker Sebastiano Polinas and owners Giuseppe and Gabriella Di Legami they farm 45 hectares of vines are all tended to organically and harvested by hand.
- September 15, 2017Tags: southern france , rosé wine , roseLa Terrasses Cèvenoles, a cooperative started in 1951, in the foothills of the southern range of these mountains, where the Mediterranean climate makes for a good growing region, produces a rosé and a red. Both are tank fermented and aged.
- September 10, 2017Tags: wine , weirdnames , vinoWe’ve all seen them. You walk through your favorite liquor store, and there sits a bottle of wine with a name so ridiculous you can’t help but stop and laugh. “What were they thinking?” goes through your head. “Why in the world would they name a wine that?!”