Grape Collective talks to Eduardo about this unique wine journey and the magic of making wine on Etna.
- March 20, 2023Tags: volcanic soil , sicily , organic wine
- February 08, 2023Tags: wine , saint jean de fos , pierre caizergues
Pierre Caizergues started making wines in Montreal d’Aude west of Carcassonne in southwestern France in 2015. He was joined by his friend, winemaker Antonin Bonnet, full time in 2020. The two friends specialize in low intervention wines (low or no added sulfites), with varietals like Carignan, and some resistant varietals such as Cabernet Cortis and Souvignier Gris. They also separately make a Mourvèdre in the village of Saint Jean de Fos in the Larzac region of France. Larzac is a bit further east in the Hérault region while all the other wines they make are made in Aude near the estate in Montreal d’Aude / Hameau de Stricou.
- September 18, 2021Tags: sicily , sicilian wine , natural wine
"Having visited Alessandro and Luigi back in 2018, I was given a first-hand look at how special Alcamo is. The quiet town on the glamorous Mediterranean coast is shadowed by a natural reserve sitting atop a mountain about 800 meters above sea level. This natural reserve gives birth to abundant pines, luscious green foliage and sweet fresh air. This is where Alessandro and Luigi’s vineyards are located." Marco Salerno
- August 21, 2020Certification protects the consumer from dubious marketing claims (clean wine), as well as importers who are reliant on the honesty of their producers but does it go far enough? The next task must be a social contract between winery owners and their staff and communities for fair working conditions.
- January 25, 2019Tags: valerie kathawala , tracey brandt , syrah"For us, natural wine is continuity from soil to bottle. It's about transparency, it's about making delicious wines." Tracey Brandt
- November 02, 2018Tags: winemakers , wine , natural wineCamille Lapierre and Jean Foillard discuss the origins and doctrine of natural wine.
- October 31, 2018Tags: valerie kathawala , raw wine , organic wineRAW WINE fairs are returning to North America in November! This is your chance to meet, taste and learn from the people and bottles that in many ways define our cultural moment in wine.
- October 23, 2017Categories: FeaturesTags: valerie kathawala , raw wine fair , raw wineGrape Collective’s Valerie Kathawala spoke with Legeron about the RAW WINE movement and upcoming U.S. RAW WINE fairs in NYC and LA.
- October 06, 2017Tags: the martian , spanish wine , sierra de gredosOnly Alfredo Maestro could make a natural wine called The Martian and it make perfect sense. The former economist turned Spanish natural wine pioneer talks to Grape Collective about his unique wine journey.
- March 08, 2017Calce, a small village between the Pyrenees and the Corbieres, where mountains, sea and sky create incredible scenery, is home to some very exciting natural wines from Tom Lubbe and Matassa. Welcome to Roussillon; French but with a Catalan accent.