"The best Riesling, historically, have come from Germany, from Austria, from France, and we have climates here that are very similar to those. " Bruce Murray, Boundary Breaks
- December 27, 2019Tags: winemaking , wine , thomas lombard"So we want the wine to reach all the potential and we want them to be good enough without sugar added, because sugar hides all these typical aromatics that come from the soil, that come from the terroir." Thomas Lombard on moving away from dosage
- May 14, 2017Tags: winemaking , wine communications , wineThough the science of wine is a story infrequently told to consumers, the industry has come a long way in adopting rigorous science. Essentially, we have gotten down the basics...
- August 12, 2016Tags: winemaking , wine , viticultureCassis is one of the emerging wine regions in Southern France. Sébastien Genovesi, winemaker at Le Domaine du Bagnol, talks about the rich history of wine in Cassis and the terroir of the region.
- January 06, 2016Categories: Wine People, FeaturesTags: winemaking , wine , wind gapThe former Screaming Eagle owner on the intersection of venture capital and wine.
- October 14, 2015Categories: WinemakersTags: winemaking , surfing , head high wines"In surf, sometimes I ride a long board and sometimes I ride a short board. It is the same with wine — I feel like I have at least enough experience to be able to go out and pursue different styles without feeling like I'm being didactic."
- October 13, 2015Categories: WinemakersTags: winemaking , sustainable , organicNew Zealand grape growers and winemakers talk sustainability.
- May 15, 2015Tags: winemaking , wine cooperative , wine coopThe cliché "no committee ever wrote a novel” stands as a reminder that too many cooks result in a broth of the lowest common denominator. And that’s often the view taken of wine cooperatives... but there are exceptions. In fact, one small corner of Italy is chock full of them: Alto Adige.
- May 13, 2015Tags: winemaking , wine terms , grape collectiveChaptalization is a process in winemaking where sugar is added to the grape juice or must before fermentation in order to increase the alcohol level in the finished wine.
- May 07, 2015Tags: winemaking , liechtenstein , europeEvery wine bottle is a story, and Liechtenstein has plenty of its own to share.