"So we are in the mountainside of Abruzzo. Abruzzo is divided in two main areas: the mountainside and the coastal part. The mountainside which covers approximately two thirds of the entire region has a subcontinental climate." Giulia Migliorati of Valle Reale
Monthly Archives: November 2018
- November 30, 2018Tags: wine , valle reale , parco nazionale d'abruzzo
- "Austrian wine is a story of new beginnings and at the same time long traditions." Martin Nittnaus of Anita and Hans Nittnaus
- November 23, 2018Categories: FeaturesWine should be fun. Yes, we drink many very serious wines and we discuss them seriously, but, to us, that’s fun. It’s intellectual, it’s sensuous, it’s culturally interesting, it’s geographically stimulating and it’s often deeply pleasurable. But it’s also just fun for us.
Faouzi Issa of Domaine des Tourelles: Making the Adopted Grape Cinsault Shine in Bekaa Valley, LebanonNovember 16, 2018Tags: lebanon , grape collective , faouzi issa"In my opinion, Cinsault is an adopted grape in Lebanon. Since the French don’t like it anymore, we adopted it. We take good care of it. I would say, Cinsault now is more Lebanese than French." Faouzi Issa of Domaine des Tourelles
- November 15, 2018Tags: lisa denning , grape collective , georges duboeufGet your Gamay on and celebrate the first wine of the harvest TODAY, Thursday, November 15th!
- November 09, 2018"We were never big fans of American Merlot. We found it sweet and simple. As always with wine, there were exceptions." Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher explore Thanksgiving wines
- November 09, 2018Categories: Winemakers"... it is the vintage, the terroir, the grape variety that guides the vinification. It is the tasting of the grapes, and then the juices, that will allow me to express the potential of each year, of each plot." Frederic Moreau
- November 05, 2018Tags: super tuscan , lisa denning , grape collective"There are many amazing wines around the world, but what's important when tasting wine is to be reminded of the area it comes from." - Elia Pellegrini
- November 02, 2018"We don't sit around and say what we already know about how challenging things are for women. We use our knowledge and experience as leaders to think about constructive change and how to bring it about," said Evelyne Boizel
- November 02, 2018Tags: winemakers , wine , natural wineCamille Lapierre and Jean Foillard discuss the origins and doctrine of natural wine.