What do Aldous Huxley and Sauvignon Blanc have in common?
- October 29, 2020Tags: sauvignon blanc , quincy , loire valley
- November 09, 2018Categories: Winemakers"... it is the vintage, the terroir, the grape variety that guides the vinification. It is the tasting of the grapes, and then the juices, that will allow me to express the potential of each year, of each plot." Frederic Moreau
- July 06, 2018Tags: valentina buoso , sauvignon blanc , sancerre"There’s something special about Sancerre. It has a confidence and depth that seem wise, even as it retains that lemon-lime, acidic, mineral-rich crispness that defines good Sauvignon Blanc." Dorothy J. Gaiter
- April 05, 2018Tags: wine , sauvignon blanc , loire valley"Sancerre and Coteaux du Giennois belong to the same wine area “Vins du Centre Loire”, we have the same type of soils with all their specificities and the same grapes." Emmanuel Charrier of Domaine de l’Epineau
- August 11, 2017Categories: Winemakers, FeaturesTags: seresin estate , sauvignon blanc , new zealandMichael Seresin makes movies for a living. But at his biodynamic vineyard Seresin Estate in Marlborough he is setting the standards for modern New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.
- September 08, 2016Categories: FeaturesTags: sauvignon blanc , new zealand , james busbyDavid Rogers looks at the history of wine in New Zealand from 1818 to the present. Did you know Sauvignon Blanc only came on the scene in the 1970's?
- Hands down, soil is the essential element when planting vines and growing grapes.
- February 15, 2016Tags: torrontes , tannat , sauvignon blancThere is more to Argentina than Malbec from Mendoza -- Salta has some of the highest vineyards in the world, whereas Patagonia is an exotic landscape.