"Like a surprising number of people, our own prescription for getting through this involves calming down with a glass of wine – and, in this case, the good stuff." Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher
Monthly Archives: March 2020
- “We’ve been pairing our wines to our movie selections. First, a 2015 Williams Selyem Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir and ‘Casablanca’ — Morocco is on the coast so figured we’d have a coastal wine." Lynn Penner-Ash
- March 25, 2020"We are carefully planning our activities and strategy for the upcoming months to make sure we make the right choices for when the pandemic ends." -Matteo Ascheri
- "In the year 2007, I fell in love with Masanobu Fukuoka and I decided to add to the agriculture of not doing. The agriculture of not doing is not working. It is just the not impacting with nature, allowing nature to do its own job."
- Autumn Stoscheck is described as "the Robert Mondavi character in the Finger Lakes cider story," in Jason Wilson's The Cider Revival: Dispatches from the Orchard.
- Wine “has the capacity to lift us out of ourselves by its beauty. The appreciation of that beauty elevates our life through wine.” --Warren Winiarski, on OTBN 2020
- "I can’t help thinking of Joseph K. the hapless antihero of Kafka’s The Trial. That’s hardly a cool association for a wine, although back in the early 1990s I once got into the Limelight night club in NYC by telling the doorkeeper I was Joseph K." Stuart Pigott
- The hills of Collio give birth to some of the most complex and interesting white wines, including Pinot Grigio.