"I can’t help thinking of Joseph K. the hapless antihero of Kafka’s The Trial. That’s hardly a cool association for a wine, although back in the early 1990s I once got into the Limelight night club in NYC by telling the doorkeeper I was Joseph K." Stuart Pigott
- "The biggest mistake most of the hipster somms make is their assumption that fruity wine aromas are fake and obscure the non-fruity authentic taste of wine. For them it only becomes apparent when the fruity “mask” is removed. " Stuart Pigott
- Is Michel Rolland the Darth Vader of Bordeaux winemaking? Stuart Pigott probes.
- January 11, 2017Stuart Pigott on how the big expensive Bordeaux producers are engaging in the "The Switcheroo" on unknowing consumers and the meaning of "terroir" in BDX.
- "The general hipster obsession with authenticity (think Portlandia) leads the hardcore hipster somms to dismiss fruity aromas in wine as the work of the twin devils of science and industry." Stuart Pigott
- "If a hipster somm can tick enough of these boxes for a particular product, then it becomes a Fancy Wine and it’s name enters the hipster somm loop where all the other hipster somms pick up on it." Stuart Pigott
- "Isn’t it time to name names? I had to point out to them that I’m not the DA of wine and this is not a list of people wanted for felonies." - Stuart Pigott
- "Call it a collective delusion they’re suffering from if you will, but that doesn’t alter the fact the hipster somms have an all-American hardwired-for-positive conviction they are the New Masters of the Universe!" - Stuart Pigott