The Morgan family have played an important part in the development of the Santa Lucia Highlands and their winery has been recognized for the quality from the begining with their very first Monterey Chardonnay earning a Gold Medal at the LA County Fair and a Platinum Medal from Wine & Spirits Magazine. Since then, they have won many awards including the prestigious “Winery of the Year” honors from Wine & Spirits in 1996 and from the San Francisco Chronicle in 2003.
- January 07, 2023
- January 24, 2021Tags: wine , trail marker , santa cruz"We wanted to work with mountain fruit, we wanted to find undersung sites and really bring them to people; this was a desire to create wines that were beautiful, that presented the terroir and individuality of their sites." -Drew Huffine
- December 26, 2020Tags: western australia , semillon , magaret riverCath and Kingsley Edwards are a beaming, delightful Aussie couple you want to sit down for a glass of wine with. Their vines at Ashbrook Estate have been in the family for generations.
- July 25, 2020Tags: yves gangloff , viognier , pinot noir"I have always loved Condrieu so it's fun and I've worked with some guys such as Francois Villard and Yves Gangloff and hung out with them a lot and learned a lot from them." Dave Miner
Richard Kershaw: The Master of Wine who has Uncovered South Africa's Potential for World Class ChardonnayFebruary 22, 2020Tags: winemakers , wine , south africa"Elgin (Chardonnay) tends to have a little bit more flesh on the bones, a little bit more plumpness that kind of gives you that impression that you see really in Burgundy." Richard Kershaw
- January 25, 2018Tags: wine , stony hill winery , mike dunnJed Steele helped define the big style of California Chardonnay working for Jess Jackson and Kendall Jackson as winemaker in the 1980's. He was sued by Jackson when he left the company in the 1990. Dorothy J. Gaiter on Steele's unique wine journey.
- October 05, 2017Tags: or wines , north fork , new york wine"A small vineyard would "ground me" after living through the collapse of the Trade Center on 9/11. As a survivor, I was looking for a means to readjust. It has become a focal point for my future as well as a legacy for my grandchildren." Michael Smith OR Winery
- August 20, 2017Tags: wine , white wine , valdeorrasGodello is a beautifully malleable grape that is likened to Chardonnay
- July 21, 2017Categories: FeaturesTags: lynn fritz , grape collective , dorothy j. gaiter"Lynn Fritz is a man on a mission. The large arc of his life seems to be about community building, and he pursues it with a religious zeal." Dorothy J. Gaiter
- August 05, 2016Categories: FeaturesTags: winemaker , wine , stony hill“We weren’t trying to imitate anything. It turned out to taste quite a lot like Corton-Charlemagne, but that was incidental.” Mike Chelini talking to Dorothy Gaiter