Dorothy J. Gaiter
- "It’s essential in your wine life to have house wines. Others might call them everyday wines, a sibling concept, with this caveat: Under no circumstances should these wines, or any one wine, no matter how grand or humbly delicious, be consumed every day." Dorothy J. Gaiter
- "Unfortunately, as we all know, it's not just the men who inhibit women from getting to where they need to be. Unfortunately it's other women many times who discriminate and are afraid." Merry Edwards in conversation with Dorothy J. Gaiter
- "Lamberto Frescobaldi, who represents the 30th generation of one of Italy’s most storied winemaking families, says the wines he makes with prisoners at the penal colony on Gorgona Island, off the coast of Tuscany, contain “the taste of hope.” Dorothy J. Gaiter
- "We heard from more than 1,500 wine lovers from Maui to Jacksonville, Florida, from Santa Barbara to Russia, from Seattle to London, from Vancouver to Chile, from Rhode Island to New Zealand, and from Atlanta to South Africa." Dorothy J. Gaiter on Open That Bottle Night
- "Even if opening that wine may be the end of that bottle’s journey it is only the beginning of a long night of stories." Dorothy J. Gaiter on Open That Bottle Night.
- Jed Steele helped define the big style of California Chardonnay working for Jess Jackson and Kendall Jackson as winemaker in the 1980's. He was sued by Jackson when he left the company in the 1990. Dorothy J. Gaiter on Steele's unique wine journey.
- "There were wines I had last year that were truly exciting. Encountering these is one of the joys of this lifelong journey we’re on with wine." Dorothy J. Gaiter on her favorite wines of 2017.
- Dorothy J. Gaiter picks her favorite sparklers of 2017.
- "Here’s a fun holiday party idea we got years ago from a reader." Dorothy J. Gaiter