"I once called Sean 'the Michael Moore of Riesling' (Moore lives locally) and declared him a candidate for president of the United States of Riesling because of his commitment to the development of America's Riesling industry." Stuart Pigott on Sean O'Keefe
- November 02, 2020Tags: stuart pigott , sean o'keefe , roland pfleger
- March 06, 2020Tags: ze’ev dunie , stuart pigott , seahorse winery"I can’t help thinking of Joseph K. the hapless antihero of Kafka’s The Trial. That’s hardly a cool association for a wine, although back in the early 1990s I once got into the Limelight night club in NYC by telling the doorkeeper I was Joseph K." Stuart Pigott
- August 23, 2019Tags: traverse city , stuart pigott , riesling"My philosophy of winemaking is this, it's my partner in winemaking. Her name is Mother Nature. If Mother Nature helps me grow good grapes, we are going to make great wines." Dan Matthies
- April 05, 2019Tags: wine , stuart pigott , sarah lucasHow an English art star collided with an Austrian natural wine pioneer.
- September 07, 2018Tags: wine , traverse city michigan , stuart pigott"He's been everything from a Green Beret Army paratrooper to a gymnast to a scuba diving instructor to an undercover narcotic agent in New York City." Eddie O'Keefe on his father's background prior to planting Riesling in Michigan in 1974
- November 03, 2017Categories: WinemakersTags: wine , terry theise , stuart pigottRiesling master Johannes Selbach talks with Grape Collective about the challenges and great potential Finger Lakes, as well as what makes the Mosel the spiritual home of the best white wine on earth.
- July 25, 2017Categories: WinemakersTags: stuart pigott , seneca lake , rieslingKelby James Russell attended Harvard University receiving his BA in Government with a minor in Economics. Having learned enough to develop a healthy dislike for both disciplines, he returned home to New York's Finger Lakes to master the craft of wine.
- July 14, 2017Categories: FeaturesTags: stuart pigott , saint-christoly , michel rolland"The biggest mistake most of the hipster somms make is their assumption that fruity wine aromas are fake and obscure the non-fruity authentic taste of wine. For them it only becomes apparent when the fruity “mask” is removed. " Stuart Pigott
- June 01, 2017Categories: Winemakers, FeaturesTags: winery , wine , stuart pigott"We joke an awful lot about being on the fringe of real, quality wine production. When you're on the fringe, it gives you some freedoms." Lee Lutes on the evolution of the Michigan wine industry
- March 03, 2017Categories: FeaturesIs Michel Rolland the Darth Vader of Bordeaux winemaking? Stuart Pigott probes.