So we prepared for the free screening of the 1980 comedy “Airplane!” not by purchasing an alternative to wine but by saving plastic bottles in which to surreptitiously transport our vino.
Monthly Archives: August 2015
- August 31, 2015Tags: wine news august 31 , t2015Wine news August 31, 2015
- August 28, 2015Categories: FeaturesTags: vinkara , umay Çeviker , turks and frogsA hostile government has harmed the Turkish wine industry but the potential of their grapes is starting to be recognised internationally.
- August 28, 2015Wine news August 28, 2015
- August 27, 2015Tags: wine news august 27 , t2015Wine news August 27, 2015
- August 26, 2015Tags: sta. rita hills , pinot noir , foleyThe Sta. Rita Hills on the central coast of California is a tucked away corner of the world perfect for growing Pinot Noir.
- August 26, 2015Tags: wine news august 26 , t2015Wine news August 26, 2015
- August 25, 2015Tags: wine news august 25 , t2015Wine news August 25, 2015
- August 24, 2015Tags: randall grahm , popuelouchumAt his 400-acre Popuelouchum estate, boasted Grahm, "everything we grow tastes sensational--the tomatoes, asparagus, peas--whatever! At the end it's the place that's going to make the difference, not the grape."
- August 24, 2015Tags: sherry , palo cortado , olorosoIn Edgar Allan Poe’s The Cask of Amontillado, the protagonist lures his enemy into a cellar with the promise of rich Amontillado Sherry and then, rather gruesomely, immures him brick by brick.