"We spoke to Chad before George Floyd was killed and the resulting protests, which were generally peaceful but also sometimes descended into violence against demonstrators, journalists, police and property, including the looting of a few wine stores around the country. "
sta. rita hills
- June 05, 2020Tags: wine , sta. rita hills , ron melville
Wine Pioneer Michael Benedict on discerning the Sta. Rita Hills as a home for world class Pinot NoirOctober 19, 2019Tags: wine , sta. rita hills , santa barbara wine"The authorities, the academics, had warned us that we would never get red wine grapes ripe in that climate, and way too cool they said, way too cool." Michael Benedict
- September 30, 2018Tags: wine , sta. rita hills , richard sanfordDorothy Gaiter and John Brecher interview Sta. Rita Hills wine pioneer Richard Sanford.
- September 28, 2018Categories: Winemakers, FeaturesTags: wine , thekla sanford , sta. rita hillsRichard Sanford was a Naval officer during the Vietnam War. A shipmate named Scott Wine introduced him to Volnay which led to a wine journey that ended with him being inducted into the Vintners Hall of Fame by the Culinary Institute of America. By Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher.
- September 15, 2017Tags: sta. rita hills , santa ynez valley , rozak vintnersProfiling Rozak Vintners of California's Santa Rita Hills.
- August 24, 2016Tags: wine , stony hill chardonnay , sta. rita hills"Over the past few months, we’ve experienced the subjectivity and variability of wine in bold relief over the question: Do California Chardonnays age well?" Dorothy Gaiter
- August 26, 2015Tags: sta. rita hills , pinot noir , foleyThe Sta. Rita Hills on the central coast of California is a tucked away corner of the world perfect for growing Pinot Noir.