"As winemakers we are obsessed with quality and we are aware that we are very lucky to take care of such beautiful terroirs. Indeed the terroir of Burgundy is amazing and you cannot find it anywhere else on earth." Adèle and Elsa Matrot
- "Don’t give a present to a wine-lover or budding oenophile that probably will never be used, like the “I hope you brought wine” doormat."
- "The idea is always to be a grower of crémant, because everybody knows about Champagne, and nobody ever talks about growers of crémant, and this is what I am doing." - François-Xavier Chaillou
- "Bernard Orsi, 75, made his money in beer – he was a top executive of a company that at one time owned brands like Falstaff and Pabst Blue Ribbon – but turned into a winemaker later in life." Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher
- "We need to shout from the rooftops about this underappreciated grape." Dorothy J. Gaiter & John Brecher on Chenin Blanc
- “We weren’t trying to imitate anything. It turned out to taste quite a lot like Corton-Charlemagne, but that was incidental.” Mike Chelini talking to Dorothy Gaiter
- "So while we think deeply about what the heck is going on and how we can make things better, here is a vinous soundtrack to sample while we try to help, improve and reorient the things we can affect." Dorothy Gaiter
- "It took a lot of willpower not to call Bob Lindquist “Pilgrim.” I was feeling a little like John Wayne---ok, my only black cowboy reference would be the brilliant Cleavon Little in “Blazing Saddles” but I wasn’t going to go there, you know?" Dorothy Gaiter