Founder, David Lett, began Eyrie Vineyards on a hunch and a dream. Destined for dentistry, David followed a different path after visiting a few California wineries while stationed in San Francisco for the Coast Guard. He was the first to plant Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris in the Willamette Valley, becoming a benchmark to rival some of the best Burgundy.
- February 24, 2022Tags: willamette valley , organic wine , oregon wine
Barbara Gross of Cooper Mountain Vineyards: Talking Oregon Organics and the Future of Communication in the Wine IndustrySeptember 04, 2021Tags: winemaker , willamette valley , pinot noir
Cooper Mountain Vineyards is a winery ahead of the curve in the Willamette Valley, being certified organic since the early '90s. Barbara Gross, co-owner and operator, sat down to speak with me about growing up on a Willamette vineyard, finding her place among the vines, and maintaining the spirit of the vineyard through the good times and the bad.
- September 25, 2020Tags: yamhill enrichment society , yamhill county , wine"Well, we’re doing well, but Mother Nature has stopped sending us gentle hints. She’s really smacked us on the side of our heads to get our attention." Susan Sokol Blosser
- February 22, 2019Tags: willamette valley , pinot noir , oregon"In the end really great success is when you have the right variety in the right location, where it inherently wants to be magical. " Ken Wright
- July 20, 2015Tags: yamhill-carlton ava , willamette valley , wayne baileyIt’s an amazing reminder of just how young the American wine industry is to note that 2015 marks the 50th anniversary of the first Pinot Noir plantings in the Willamette Valley of Oregon.
- May 27, 2015Oregon, together with Stoller Family Estate, brings exciting flavors to the West with its amazing skiing and Pinot Noir to be had.
- May 01, 2014Tags: willamette valley , weingut dr. loosen , oregonKatherine Cole on a unique Oregon winery which makes "knock-you-out gorgeous" Pinot Noir. London is their second biggest market outside of Portland.
- December 05, 2013Tags: willamette valley , pinot noir , big table farmMeet the couple behind some of Oregon's tastiest wines