"We wanted to work with mountain fruit, we wanted to find undersung sites and really bring them to people; this was a desire to create wines that were beautiful, that presented the terroir and individuality of their sites." -Drew Huffine
- January 24, 2021Tags: wine , trail marker , santa cruz
- November 19, 2020Tags: une femme , sparkling , scribe winerySparkling wine is usually relegated to special occasions and celebrations, but it is important to remember that these wines are great regardless of the occasion. And coming out of California are some noteworthy bubbles that should be in your glass next time you open a bottle of wine.
- May 13, 2016Categories: WinemakersTags: wine , saxum , paso robles"Chateauneuf-du-Pape wines are ... those Grenache wines can be giant, as big as the biggest Paso wine." Mark Adams, Ledge Vineyards
- October 14, 2015Categories: WinemakersTags: winemaking , surfing , head high wines"In surf, sometimes I ride a long board and sometimes I ride a short board. It is the same with wine — I feel like I have at least enough experience to be able to go out and pursue different styles without feeling like I'm being didactic."
- September 17, 2015Tags: prohibition , california , alicanteAfter dissolving the brick in a gallon of water, do not place the liquid in a jug away in the cupboard for twenty days, because then it would turn into wine.
- August 26, 2015Tags: sta. rita hills , pinot noir , foleyThe Sta. Rita Hills on the central coast of California is a tucked away corner of the world perfect for growing Pinot Noir.
- August 13, 2015Tags: wine , west coast , napa valleyCan hedonism save the world? According to businesswoman Katie Hamilton Shaffer, it’s a fine start.
- January 21, 2015Tags: winemaking , napa valley , larkmeadHere are a handful of highlights from over the years.
- January 21, 2015Tags: winemaking , napa valley , massican“You’re drinking a style of wine,” he said, “but also a cultural history.”
- November 18, 2014We now have over 100 wineries in Pennsylvania and a small handful of them are making what I'd consider to be world-class wines.