“I can’t imagine trying to have a romantic evening or day without having wine in it. I can’t imagine how that could possibly be.” Mary Ewing-Mulligan
Monthly Archives: January 2020
- Chris Mullineux is one of group of young winemakers who discovered underappreciated old bush vines in the Swartland and helped to develop the region into the international critical success it enjoys today.
- "There was a long time during which great Soave was difficult to find because many producers were focused on volume. I am proud that my grandfather and father, and now my brother and I have always been determined to offer the highest-quality Soave possible." Dario Pieropan
- "As you can imagine, we’re huge fans of BYOB. It’s not that it saves money, though it does. It’s that we have some remarkable bottles of wine that we’d love to drink with the fine food and calming atmosphere of a good restaurant. " Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher
- "This method is based on ecological compensation, elimination of copper, reduction in sulphites and synergy between animals and plants." —Naike Bertola on the winery's "Pratello Method."
- "People learned the technology – the Bordelaise technique of aging the wines and people learned the style of blending of wines from different villages, but forgot the singularity of character and uniqueness of the terroir." Miguel Angel de Gregorio
- Wonder wines defy description because who can explain why any work of art touches our soul?
- "One day we passed by Pitigliano, ... the wind was whipping the yellow grass and the green moss that covered the tufa cliffs. And with Etruscan remains all around—pools, wells, ancient roads—we couldn’t resist and we bought it." -Winemaker Carla Benini