Grape Collective talks with Marco Nicolosi of Barone di Villagrande about the family's unique place in the evolution of the Etna wine region and the particular suitability of the terroir to producing elegant expressions of Etna Bianco.
- January 21, 2022Tags: volcanic wine , volcanic soil , sicily
- August 21, 2020Certification protects the consumer from dubious marketing claims (clean wine), as well as importers who are reliant on the honesty of their producers but does it go far enough? The next task must be a social contract between winery owners and their staff and communities for fair working conditions.
- May 18, 2017Categories: FeaturesTags: wine , sam radford , randall grahmSam Radford on "international style" and expanding the debate surrounding "bad' wine.
- September 13, 2016Tags: wine school , wine , peter zusmanRecently, we thought it would be good to revisit the archives of Eric Asimov's wonderful "Wine School" column that he writes for the New York Times, and assemble some of the wines that he profiled which particularly spoke to us in one easy to find place.
- August 24, 2016Tags: wine school , wine , peter zusmanIf you are a wine enthusiast to any degree, and just so happen to also be a reader of the New York Times, then chances are you're probably more than familiar with Eric Asimov’s wonderful monthly column, “Wine School,”...
- July 04, 2015Tags: vivit , viniveri , vinitalybio"What I do is wine. The other thing is industrial wine." - Elena Pantaleoni, La Stoppa
- October 29, 2014Tags: wine , restaurants , racines nyIn honor of New York Times wine critic Eric Asimov’s latest article, Grape Collective takes a look at the wines served by-the-glass at Asimov’s picks for Manhattan's most affordable restaurants for wine.
- August 30, 2014Tags: new york times , new york city , eric asimovHow does New York Times wine critic Eric Asimov’s latest, “Standout Wine Lists in New York City”, compare with other publications' top NYC wine lists?
- August 02, 2014Categories: Wine PeopleWine People profile on Eric Asimov
- February 13, 2014The New York Times Wine Critic, Eric Asimov, often gets asked by readers why they can't find his recommended wines. He answers, readers respond.