"I believe wine in a bottle is capturing the geography and geology of a specific area at a period of time. We try our best to capture the expression of the terroir as much as possible." Luke O’Cuinneagain
- October 17, 2019Tags: stellenbosch , south africa , may de lencquesaing
- March 22, 2019Tags: spanish wine , priorat , organic wine"After Mr. Llach started to live in Porrera, he decided to do something for the town and that’s how Vall Llach, the social project, was born. He and my father started this project only to help the people in town." Winemaker Albert Costa
French Born International Sommelier Association (ASI) brings the Best USA Sommelier Competition to the U.S. and BeyondDecember 20, 2018Andrés Rosberg and Doug Frost on the International Sommelier Association and national and regional sommelier competitions, including the prestigious Best Sommelier of the World contest.
Faouzi Issa of Domaine des Tourelles: Making the Adopted Grape Cinsault Shine in Bekaa Valley, LebanonNovember 16, 2018Tags: lebanon , grape collective , faouzi issa"In my opinion, Cinsault is an adopted grape in Lebanon. Since the French don’t like it anymore, we adopted it. We take good care of it. I would say, Cinsault now is more Lebanese than French." Faouzi Issa of Domaine des Tourelles
- July 06, 2018Tags: spanish wine , spain , priorat"When people think of Mas d’en Gil, they look at us as a reference, a specific style that people are looking for, and we would like to keep the flame. But in the meantime, we are not afraid to make changes." -Antón Lorenzo
- March 16, 2018Tags: villa papiano , sangiovese , organic wineAn interview with rising star winemaker Francesco Bordini of Villa Papiano in Emilia-Romagna, Italy.
- December 08, 2017Tags: syrah , rhone wine , rhone valleyCrozes-Hermitage, the largest wine appellation in the Northern Rhône, and the wines of Domaine Les Bruyeres.
- July 19, 2017Tags: ruchè de castagole monferrato , ruche , piedmontRuchè, is that….. a grape or a wine region? A red or white wine? How is it pronounced? Feeling confused and intimidated? I’m with you but no worries. Today we will talk about Ruchè and we’ve got you covered with everything you need to know about this unique varietal.
- February 23, 2017Tags: touraine , organic wine , natural wineCheverny, a wine sub-region located in Touraine, Loire Valley, mainly produces dry whites, light reds and rose. It received AOC status in 1993 and has 24 communes in the Loir-et-Cher department spread over 532 hectares.
- December 07, 2016Tags: saint joseph , rhone wine , rhone valleyDomaine Aurelien Chatagnier and a wonderful yet classic example of elegant Syrah from the Northern Rhône.