Two icons of food and wine have joined forces to bring the best coverage of both to a global audience.
- November 23, 2019
- November 15, 2019Virtuosic terroir expression, impressive longevity, opulence without excess — all from a co-op.
Through a Glass Darkly: Confronting the Nazi Legacy of Dr. Zweigelt and the Impact on Growers of Austria’s Most Popular Red Wine GrapeSeptember 23, 2019Recent research has proven that Dr. Friedrich Zweigelt, a crucial contributor to Austrian viticulture and after whom the Zweigelt grape was named, was an early, active, and enthusiastic Nazi.
- July 13, 2019Tags: weingut heinrich , valerie kathawala , rudolf steinerGernot and Heike Heinrich have fully embraced biodynamics, amphora, and skin ferments as ways of expressing "sense of place" in their corner of Burgenland, Austria.
- June 20, 2019The rare terra rossa antica soils of the Colli Piacentini find singular expression in the wines of this small, organic producer.
- June 07, 2019Tags: zierfandler , valerie kathawala , thermenregionBernhard Stadlmann is the eighth generation of his family to specialize in this pair of rare indigenous Austrian varieties. Organic farming, top crus, and ultra-traditional vinifcation reveal fascinating facets of the Thermenregion.
- April 27, 2019Tags: württemberg , valerie kathawala , helmut doldeThese are deeply personal wines from an unfamiliar terroir, revealing fresh facets of grapes we thought we knew.
- March 29, 2019Tags: Οlympia samara , württemberg , weingut roterfadenTalk to people with on-the-ground knowledge of the southern German wine scene and one name comes up again and again. A red thread, you could say, through the conversation about what's happening in German wine today.
- March 17, 2019Tags: württemberg , valerie kathawala , rieslingWürttemberg, long the sleeping giant of German wine, is suddenly wide awake. Jochen Beurer’s ideas are inspiring a generation of young producers to reimagine what’s possible in the “Trollinger Republik.”
- January 25, 2019Tags: valerie kathawala , tracey brandt , syrah"For us, natural wine is continuity from soil to bottle. It's about transparency, it's about making delicious wines." Tracey Brandt