Originally from Hong Kong, Stef Yim began his wine career working as a sommelier in fine dining establishments...
Alberto Graci grew up experiencing winemaking through his grandfather who had made wine from family vineyards in central Sicily. He was working as an investment banker in Milan when the death of his grandfather brought him back to Sicily and to wine.
- May 01, 2022Tags: winemaker , sicilian wine , organic wine
Turning on to the drive leading up to the Riofavara Vineyards in Val di Noto, the first thing you notice is all the plant and animal life thriving around you. The biodiversity on the vineyard is evident from the gate, butterflies abundant and flora in full bloom. Massimo Padova and his family have been growing vines for generations but only began bottling their own juice in 1993.
- September 18, 2021Tags: sicily , sicilian wine , natural wine
"Having visited Alessandro and Luigi back in 2018, I was given a first-hand look at how special Alcamo is. The quiet town on the glamorous Mediterranean coast is shadowed by a natural reserve sitting atop a mountain about 800 meters above sea level. This natural reserve gives birth to abundant pines, luscious green foliage and sweet fresh air. This is where Alessandro and Luigi’s vineyards are located." Marco Salerno
- September 03, 2021Categories: FeaturesTags: tasca d'almerita , sicily , sicilian wine
For many years now, Tasca has been committed to Sicilian wine production, a leading example for family-fun wineries to take themselves to commercial heights, with the laudation around the world.
- December 20, 2019Tags: volcanic wine , trefethen , tenuta della terre nere"...we thought this would be a good moment to lay out how we scope out a wine store – what we look for, what we avoid – when we are looking for wines that won’t break the bank." Dorothy J. Gaiter & John Brecher
- October 31, 2019Tags: wine grape collective , sicily , sicilian wineEduardo Torres Acosta took the bold move of moving from his home in Tenerife to Sicily and is a making animated, terroir focused wines on the north side of Mt. Etna.
- July 12, 2018Tags: valcerasa , sicilian wine , salvo fotiValCerasa was one of the first wines to be imported from Mount Etna to the United States and for good reason.
- March 15, 2018Tags: white wine , valledolmo , tonnino guzzoCastellucci Miano’s wine is not a jock, a popular chick, but a rebel. By Marco Salerno.
- January 12, 2018Tags: wine , white wine , sicilyCantina ArmosA is located in the town of Sicili, belonging to the Province of Ragusa, in the southeast corner of the island. ArmosA has a great sense of their region's history disregarding fleeting trendy moments of today, audaciously evokes emotions of historical consciousness.