"We want these wines to transport the consumers to our unique desert-like region, and at the same time we want to make wines that are easy to drink and enjoy with friends and family." - Lucia Romero
- January 04, 2019Tags: phillip corallo-titus , petit verdot , petit castel"And Petit Verdot is suddenly about as trendy as a classic old grape can be." Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher see a big change in the blending practices of some of the world's top winemakers.
- April 23, 2018Categories: WinemakersTags: malbec , lisa denning , grape collectiveLisa Denning discusses with Bertrand Vigouroux how his family brought new life to an old grape.
- March 09, 2017Categories: WinemakersTags: wine , san rafael , michel rolland"What we want is balance. The balance is not one side or the other. It’s not the over-ripeness, it’s not the green harvest." Facundo Pereira Casa Bianchi
- April 30, 2016Tags: think pink , syrah , sicilyPink has long been a subject of fashion. In the 1957 film Funny Face with Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn, there is a musical number called "Think Pink"...
- March 25, 2016Categories: FeaturesTags: susana balbo , paul hobbs , nicolás catenaA trip to Argentina to create the book Conversations with Winemakers: Mendoza, Argentina turned into a life changing experience.
- February 15, 2016Tags: torrontes , tannat , sauvignon blancThere is more to Argentina than Malbec from Mendoza -- Salta has some of the highest vineyards in the world, whereas Patagonia is an exotic landscape.
- February 12, 2016Categories: FeaturesTags: zorzal , susana balbo , paul hobbsHow Argentina's wine capital became the home of Malbec.
- There are few wineries out there producing wine at an $8 price that can compare to the quality of Trapiche. And with their single vineyard, Icsay, Finca Las Palmas and Gran Medalla series, they are also making interesting wines at the higher end.
- August 20, 2015Categories: Winemakers, FeaturesTags: zorzal , uco valley , mendozaGerardo Michelini of Zorzal on why the wines of Gualtallary in the Uco Valley are raising the bar for Argentine Malbec.