Wine on Wheels 2017 run by top sommelier Yannick Benjamin allows one to taste older vintage wines from some of the world's most unique producers selected by a who's who of New York's top restaurant professionals - and all this for an amazing cause.
- March 24, 2017Tags: yannick benhamin , wine tasting , wine on wheels 2017
- December 04, 2016Tags: wine tasting , wine , lisa denningCabernet Franc Day 2016 - "Yes, surprisingly enough, Cabernet Sauvignon is the product of an accidental cross between Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc back in the 17th century in Southwestern France."
- April 01, 2016Tags: wine tasting event , wine tasting , tastingSpit -- Your wine-life depends on it.
- January 23, 2015Tags: wine tasting , wine , new year's resolutionThis year, I vowed to rediscover beauty — to polish my lens, widen my eyes, and look for more good in the world, in my wine glass and far beyond. But how?
- November 25, 2014Tags: wine tasting , tasting notesCommunicating effectively about wine shouldn't demand an encyclopedic knowledge of rare fruits and bizarre aromas; after all, wine is just fermented grape juice.
- October 29, 2014In the midst of this extensive process, how does a winemaker cultivate appreciation for each stage, which inevitably includes the awkward and unexpected? What can we learn from their art?