- These may seem like newfangled green initiatives adopted to appease a growing market of eco-minded millennials, but in reality these practices have their roots in antiquity.
- As it turns out, the Ancient version of purchasing wine futures necessitated even more speculation as wines were bought while the grapes were still on the vine!
- The concept of seasonal beverages goes back thousands of years, and was particularly popular in Ancient Rome.
- The tagline of the straw reads: “Drink Red. Smile White.” When this was making the rounds on social media, it was met with a whole lot of moaning and groaning. To me, however, it isn't a fad, but rather a return to a style I come across often in books on Ancient Anatolia.
- The wine industry invites swindling. And while laws have been created to stem this unethical manipulation of wine in an effort to protect the consumers, thieves adapt. But ultimately, whose fault is it?
- #FlashbackFriday is a new series where The Wine Historian's Emily Kate offers an aha moment in wine history, often a news-worthy glimpse that speaks to today's landscape.