The Rodica Winery is a family winery which was started in 1998 and is located in the heart of Slovenian Istria. The family is commited to organic viticulture having achieved their certification in 2009.
- May 12, 2023Tags: slovenian wine , slovenia , rodica winery
- May 18, 2018Tags: wine , white wine , viticultureIf you have heard about the Salina or Lipari islands, then it is probably because of their delicious Malvasia passito-, dessert-style wine. The Aeolian Islands, as they are collectively named, have a lot more to offer than sweet wine.
- November 30, 2017Categories: Winemakers"My grandfather, my Croatian grandfather here, he never changed his address but he's changed four times his nationality." Dimitri Brečević of Piquentum
- September 15, 2017Categories: WinemakersTags: wine , malvasia , ivica matošević"My grandmother was born in Austria. My father was born in Italy. I was born in Yugoslavia, my daughter in Croatia, but we never moved from here." Ivica Matošević on Croatia's complicated history
- May 24, 2017Tags: refošk , malvasia , louis dressner"During the Yugoslavian time it was cooperative, so it never supported quality. It was not the goal. Nobody was looking for quality really." Giorgio Clai on why Croatian wine is playing catch-up