Amanda Barnes visits the Vale dos Vinhedos in the far south of Brazil, where the locals speak an old Italian dialect and the rolling hills look more like Tuscany than the famous humpbacked Pao de Azucar hill that frames every postcard image of Rio de Janeiro.
- August 17, 2016Categories: FeaturesTags: winemakers , wine , vale dos vinhedos
- May 27, 2016Categories: FeaturesTags: ver sacrum , sebastián zuccardi , santiago salgadoWhile Malbec still reigns supreme in Argentina, there are a host of new up-and-coming producers who are putting a different foot forward in the market and showing that there are many more varieties to discover.
- February 04, 2016Tags: kickstarter , amanda barnesWine journalist Amanda Barnes has just launched a wine kickstarter, Around the World in 80 Harvests, where she plans to write an interactive wine book documenting the harvests of 80 wine regions around the world.
- April 26, 2015It seems every week you can read an article about the ‘new’ Chile, and with good reason - the country’s viticulture is diversifying and changing at a mind-boggling rate.
- January 07, 2015Tags: wine pairings , uruguay , south american cuisineOne of my favorite dinner parties to throw is an empanada party — you can let your imagination run wild with playful pairings.
- January 07, 2015Tags: wine , uruguay , south americaWhere else in the world can you find glaciers, jungles, extreme deserts, and high altitude mountains all within one continent?
- December 15, 2014Tags: the holidays , new years , hanukkahAs we gear up for the fortnight-long bender, you’ll want to stock your cellar and fridge up with wines for almost every occasion.
- November 20, 2014Tags: wine recommendations , wine pairings , thanksgivingOne of the most anticipated events of the year, this is a tough holiday for the noble bottle of wine!