For a category that once verged upon utter neglect, sherry’s fortunes have certainly changed — and one of the most compelling developments has been the emergence of a new style known as en rama.
- November 24, 2014Tags: winemaking , wine , sherry
- April 08, 2014Tags: xavier weisskopf , pascaline lepeltier , franz saumonZachary Sussman asks, what happens when a young generation of vignerons takes advantage of cheaper real estate across the river from an iconic zip code—then transforms it into a hotbed of innovative viticulture?
- January 07, 2014Tags: zachary sussman , xinomavro , greek wineZachary Sussman on Xinomavro - all the hallmarks of a fancy Nebbiolo from Piedmont, Italy or perhaps a more feminine Barbaresco.
- December 26, 2013Tags: sparkling wine , prosecco , italyZachary Sussman looks to Italy for unusual sparkling alternatives.
- December 10, 2013Tags: zachary sussman , sylvaner , albert seltzZachary Sussman on the underdog grape and its champion, Albert Seltz.
- November 22, 2013Tags: zachary sussman , value , sancerreZachary Sussman explores affordable alternatives to white-hot Sancerre.