"Plavac Mali is something that we cannot measure, or we cannot say it's similar, or like some other wines from other countries. It's special. It has this special terroir. You can feel the land and taste it in the wine." Fani Marinović-Skaramuča of Skaramuča Winery
- "It's really not hard for us to farm natural, to farm organic, and to do as natural as it can get." Boris Mrgudić of the Bura Mrgudić Winery in Croatia
- The Štimac family, owner of the Rizman winery, is one of Croatia's most famous sporting last names. Igor Štimac is a well-known modern soccer player in Croatia, playing center back for the national team as well as for Derby County in the Premier League. And they make great wine.
- "We have really beautiful varieties—varieties which are grown only here. It's not a Cabernet or Chardonnay, story it’s a Plavac Mali, Grk, Pošip story. It’s our story." Denis Bogoević Marušić of Vinarija Križ on the Pelješac Peninsula
- Zlatan Plenković started as a poor fisherman who hustled, taking on vast quantities of personal debt, to build what is one of Croatian wine's great success stories. We talk with his son Nikola about the historical significance of the family winery, Zlatan Otok.
- "In the last century, we had a communism regime, and we were not allowed to have a family business, a family winery. We still had our vineyards, but we were supposed to give our grapes to the government-owned winery" Ivan Miloš
- Top Croatian wine blogger Željko Garmaz on Croatia's unique wine journey. Both a very old and a very new wine region, Croatia has had to overcome communism and war as it now re-establishes itself on the world wine stage.