Tasos Troupis was my wife’s father and he had the idea to build a winery and so I was the one who made his wish come true. At this point, I would like to mention that I am proud that Tasos had the opportunity to see his wines being recognized in Greece and abroad before he passed away in 2020. Currently, the winery belongs to my wife Panagiota and her brother Yiannis. Our son Thodoris is currently studying enology and having winemaking experiences around the world with the vision of coming back to join our team.
- May 05, 2023Tags: troupis winery , skin contact wine , orange wine
- November 26, 2022Categories: Winemakers, Features, Wine NewsTags: slovenian wine , ribolla gialla , oslavia
Joško Gravner is a leading/innovative/influential winemaker in the Collio hills of the Friuli region of northeastern Italy, on the border of Slovenia. Considered a pioneer of the modern-day orange wine movement, he follows an ancient, low-intervention style of winemaking, producing uniquely characterful wine.
- July 08, 2022Tags: skin contact wine , ribolla gialla , radikon
" Their wines astound for their purity, their distinctiveness and their almost radical evocation of a pre-modern age."
Eric Asimov, New York Times
Collio is home to some of the world's great skin contact wines. "Collio" is taken from the word ...
Some parts of the wine world move slowly, but there are new trends and buzzwords every year. What should you be prepared to hear in the coming year? Here’s a list from A to Z.
- June 01, 2019Categories: Winemakers"Objective is the wine that all the people would like to drink. Subjective is a more personal wine, a personal trip. So it's a more intimate way to produce and to speak with the people." Alessandro Job
- August 11, 2016Tags: wine , white wine , sloveniaAn introduction to orange wine, with background information on Josko Gravner