Cath and Kingsley Edwards are a beaming, delightful Aussie couple you want to sit down for a glass of wine with. Their vines at Ashbrook Estate have been in the family for generations.
- Wine should be fun. Yes, we drink many very serious wines and we discuss them seriously, but, to us, that’s fun. It’s intellectual, it’s sensuous, it’s culturally interesting, it’s geographically stimulating and it’s often deeply pleasurable. But it’s also just fun for us.
- "The terroir here is great with slopes and with very good exposition. You can compare it in fact with some parts of Saint-Émilion but we have more Cabernet Sauvignon." Olivier Allo of Château La Rame
- Berenice Lurton tells us why everyone should have a bottle of Sauternes in their fridge.
- Grape Collective visits with Château Magdeleine-Bouhou's Yann Couturier and explores the value wines of Blaye-Côtes de Bordeaux.
- "The biggest mistake most of the hipster somms make is their assumption that fruity wine aromas are fake and obscure the non-fruity authentic taste of wine. For them it only becomes apparent when the fruity “mask” is removed. " Stuart Pigott
- January 11, 2017Stuart Pigott on how the big expensive Bordeaux producers are engaging in the "The Switcheroo" on unknowing consumers and the meaning of "terroir" in BDX.
- Earlier this month, I visited Bordeaux to see what else the region could offer. I learned that, contrary to perception, Bordeaux is home to countless mud-on-their-boots farmers who produce affordable, authentic wines.