Demarie is a small, family-owned winery in Vezza d'Alba in the heart of Piedmont's Roero appellation. The winery...
- December 27, 2022Categories: Winemakers, Wine People, Features, Wine NewsTags: roero , piedmont winery , nebbiolo
- May 28, 2022Tags: wine , sinio , serralunga d’alba
Fratelli Ponte started when Carlo Ponte built a small wine cellar after World War II to make wine from his Barbera vines at Bricco Ronchesio in the San Damiano d’Asti area of Piedmont. Today his three grandsons Massimo, Ivan and Renato run the family business. Grape Collective talks with Massimo Ponte about what it means to make an authentic wine representative of the region.
- June 26, 2021Tags: valtellina , stefanie harris , nebbiolo
“A valley surrounded by tall and fearsome mountains'' is how Leonardo Da Vinci described the region of Valtellina in his Codex Atlanticus. Da Vinci (apparently a clandestine w...
- April 09, 2021
"Valtellina is one of the wine world’s most extreme and challenging locations. The terraced vineyards there face south, basking in uncommon amounts of sunlight in the valley that runs east to west." Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher
- February 20, 2021Tags: wine , pinot noir , piedmonteYoung but wise-beyond-her-years, Giulia Negri talks about finding her footing in Barolo.
- March 20, 2018Tags: wine , vespolina , silvia barbagliaAzienda Vitivinicola Barbaglia sits on volcanic soils, located 500 meters above sea level, in Alto Piemonte. Grape Collective talks to Silvia Barbaglia.
- The Alto Piemonte red wines are highly aromatic, big, beautifully structured wines with good acidity which makes them very food-friendly and long-lived.
- April 30, 2016Tags: think pink , syrah , sicilyPink has long been a subject of fashion. In the 1957 film Funny Face with Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn, there is a musical number called "Think Pink"...