Vesuvio, also known as Mount Vesuvius, is home to wines of explosive flavor and historical controversy. Vesuvio’s legendary eruption of 79 AD destroyed the wealthy, coastal towns of Pompeii and Herculaneum, though vines and enological tradition remained rooted.
- January 04, 2019Tags: wine , volcanic wines , vesuvio
- May 18, 2018Tags: wine , white wine , viticultureIf you have heard about the Salina or Lipari islands, then it is probably because of their delicious Malvasia passito-, dessert-style wine. The Aeolian Islands, as they are collectively named, have a lot more to offer than sweet wine.
- March 15, 2018Tags: white wine , valledolmo , tonnino guzzoCastellucci Miano’s wine is not a jock, a popular chick, but a rebel. By Marco Salerno.
- Meet Monica -- She is Sardinia’s young, fresh table wine and everybody loves her.
- January 12, 2018Tags: wine , white wine , sicilyCantina ArmosA is located in the town of Sicili, belonging to the Province of Ragusa, in the southeast corner of the island. ArmosA has a great sense of their region's history disregarding fleeting trendy moments of today, audaciously evokes emotions of historical consciousness.
- Eric Petrucci on getting acquainted with some lesser-known Italian red grape varietals.
- In the spectrum of red wine grape varietals, not only is Tannat rarely even considered, but outside the minds and palates of wine aficionados the world over, it probably is not even known...
- January 12, 2017Tags: san martin valdeiglesias , red wine , madridBernabeleva treats Spain's mighty staple grape, Garnacha to a well deserved all-natural, low-production approach. The results are magical.
- August 11, 2016Tags: wine , white wine , sloveniaAn introduction to orange wine, with background information on Josko Gravner
- February 04, 2015Tags: resveratrol , red wine , health benefits wineA look at the antioxidant compound resveratrol and how drinking red wine may benefit your health.