The Gojers are among the oldest and most respected vintners in Alto Adige—in 1987, Florian Gojer was the first producer in the Santa Maddalena region to bottle a wine from a specific vineyard, Vigna Rondell,
- June 09, 2021Tags: santa maddalena , glögglhof , florian gojer
- November 29, 2020Tags: tiefenbrunner , south tyrol , pinot grigio"We try to keep the quality we get from the vineyards because, in the cellar, you can't make things better. You can only keep the quality and make the best of it." -Johannes Tiefenbrunner
- August 31, 2017Categories: WinemakersTags: winemakers , wine , mario airoLisa Denning talks with the next generation at Alois Lageder winery about the diversity of the Alto Adige wine region and how art and biodynamic farming are used at their winery.
- July 21, 2016Tags: trentino , mullen road cellars red blend 2013 , italy"So while we think deeply about what the heck is going on and how we can make things better, here is a vinous soundtrack to sample while we try to help, improve and reorient the things we can affect." Dorothy Gaiter
- May 15, 2015Tags: winemaking , wine cooperative , wine coopThe cliché "no committee ever wrote a novel” stands as a reminder that too many cooks result in a broth of the lowest common denominator. And that’s often the view taken of wine cooperatives... but there are exceptions. In fact, one small corner of Italy is chock full of them: Alto Adige.
- May 10, 2013Categories: NewsTags: pinot grigio , italy , alto adigeAmy Zavatto on renewing your faith in Italy's workhorse white.